OFFICE VISITS & PROCEDURES
Office visits and procedures are scheduled by appointment, which you can easily request online at our website here. Alternatively, our schedulers are available to help you schedule your appointment by calling 412-232-8104 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:00 PM.
If you are unable to keep an appointment, we ask that you notify our office as soon as possible, so we may make your appointment time available to others.
Prior to your scheduled appointment:
- Complete the forms online if you are requesting the appointment at our website. Alternatively, we will mail to you or you may print from this website at Patient Resources. Please complete and bring these mailed/printed forms with you on the day of your appointment. This information will become part of your permanent, confidential record.
- We will also need the results of any testing done prior to your evaluation by our physicians. Please complete an authorization for release of information requesting your medical records be forwarded to us.
- Your referring doctor will automatically be sent documentation of your visit, including all test results, unless you instruct otherwise.
We feel it is important for you and your family to understand your medical condition and diagnostic tests in order to achieve a successful treatment plan. We have many free pamphlets on various topics available for you to take home. Please do not hesitate to ask questions or request additional information from the doctor, nurse or the clinical staff.
We encourage that you use this website for general information purposes and contact us at 412-232-8104 with your questions and comments.
We try our best to stay on schedule for appointments, but unfortunately emergencies sometimes do arise. If we are seriously delayed, we will attempt to notify you. We ask your patience if you have to wait; we do value your time and will do everything possible to avoid unnecessary delays.
We also offer telemedicine for office visits. At the appointment time, your doctor will send you a text message to your smartphone (or email) with a link to Doxy.me. Click the link and you will be redirected to Doxy.me. Enter your first and last name when prompted and enable all access to your camera and microphone. Your doctor will connect with you when ready.
Prescriptions will generally be prescribed to your pharmacy by your doctor at the time of your visit. Please feel free to inquire about the availability of samples of your medication. If you need a refill between visits, please call us between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:00 PM at 412-232-8104 with the following information:
- Your name
- Pharmacy telephone number
- The name of your medicine, including dosage and frequency
It is office policy, complying with quality standards-of-care, that we do not refill prescriptions for patients that have not been seen within the previous year. In this case, if you are on a maintenance dose of a drug, you will be given a sufficient refill amount until you are able to make arrangements to be seen for a follow-up visit.
Refill requests may take up to 2 weeks to honor.